January 4 – It’s a National Trivia Day! This is a great day to learn something new, interesting, and unknown facts about dogs to interview your family and friends. Children especially love to learn random trivia, so it’s sure to be a fun day for them.
There are various plenty of reasons to learn fascinating tidbits about canines. If you want to bring home a new furry pal, you’ll be glad for every bit of information you know that could help you and your kids care for the new pup.
There are many other reasons to learn interesting tidbits about dogs. Honestly, you don’t need a reason to learn new things. It’s just interesting to learn about dogs, and children understand that better than anyone. Happy National Trivia Day!
Here are the 10 amazing facts about dogs to share with kids!
- 42 teeth of an adult dog
- Studies have shown that petting and spending the time with dogs that causes our brains to release oxytocin, a hormone that we feel comfortable with.
- For over 12,000 years, people have been keeping the dogs as pets.
- If you spaying or neutering your dog, you can help the prevent certain types of cancer.
- The average body of a dog temperature is 101.2 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The dogs are mentioned 14 times in the Bible.
- The average of dog can run about 19 miles per hour at the full speed.
- More than one in three families own a dog in the United States.
- The dog’s nose print is unique and very similar to a human’s fingerprint.
- The world record for the heaviest dog belongs to a Saint Bernard known as a Benedictine. It weighed a whopping 357 pounds!
I hope that you’ll enjoy the 10 amazing dog facts. Do you know any dog facts? Tell me the facts in the comments!